What is the SUNY Wellness Challenge?
The SUNY Wellness Challenge takes a team approach to encourage building healthier lifestyles and workplaces. It brings together four-person teams in a friendly contest to see which team earns the most points by tracking steps, exercise routines and eating five fruits and veggies a day.
This year’s Challenge will be an 8-week competition that runs from Monday, March 7, 2016 through Sunday, May 1, 2016.
SUNY Cortland will be starting a week later this year, Monday, March 14, 2016 through Sunday, May 8, 2016.
The SUNY Wellness Challenge Point System is comprised of the following:
- Total Steps (using a pedometer)
- Physical Activities that you would consider true exercise
- Losing % of Body Weight (based on a formula)
- Eating a Combination of Fruits and Vegetables
- Bonus Points
Who Can Participate?
For the 2016 Challenge, we have invited the following SUNY colleges to participate. If you would like to join, please contact your college’s Wellness Challenge Ambassador to find out how.
- Cayuga Community College
- SUNY Broome Community College
- SUNY Adirondack
- SUNY Cortland
- FingerLakes Community College